In this write-up, we will discuss the importance of vitamin D for hair growth. Huge popularity in the world is suffering from hair loss problems. In the USA, more than 56 million people are suffering from hair loss problems.
But every problem has a solution, so the hair loss problem has many treatments available on the market. Hair loss is most commonly known as alopecia. In some people, the hair loss problem is genetic which is called androgenic alopecia.
Many types of research show that there is a big connection between vitamin D deficiency and hair loss. Vitamin D is correlated with hair growth.
Stay with us, to have complete details about the importance of vitamin D and hair loss.
What is vitamin D?
We will share the importance of vitamin D for hair growth. But firstly, we will discuss vitamin D. Vitamin D’s purpose is to regulate the phosphate and calcium amount in the body. Vitamin D is considered the best ingredient for the growth of bones, hairs, teeth, and even muscles.
Some people lose hair immensely because of a disease known as Telogen effluvium. In this disorder, you will lose hair due to high stress or may be due to some infection. But if someone is facing a hair loss problem in only a few parts of the head, it will be an autoimmune condition called alopecia areata.
What Are the Benefits of Vitamin D?
There are many benefits of vitamin D that we are sharing below:
- Vitamin D provides you with strong bones.
- Vitamin D helps you in the prevention of hair falls.
- Vitamin D Supports the immune system.
- Vitamin D helps in the reduction of inflammation.
- Vitamin D may help protect against some types of cancers such as colon, prostate, and breast cancers.
- Vitamin D may be helpful in diseases like Diabetes.
- Vitamin D is also considered beneficial for controlling hypertension.
- Vitamin D may also be helpful in multiple sclerosis.
Major sources of vitamin D food:
Foods that are major sources of vitamin D include:
- Meat and poultry
- Beef liver
- Chicken breast
- Ground beef
- Mushrooms (white and Portabella)
- Dairy products
- Milk, vitamin D fortified
- Cheddar cheese
- Cod liver oil
- Plant-based milk like almond and oats
- Ready-to-eat cereals, vitamin D fortified
Direct exposure to sunlight is another major source of vitamin D intake. But do not go for sunbath without sunblock creams. Use sunblock creams to avoid sunburn, premature skin aging, and eye-damaging in some cases. First, take precautions then go for sun exposure.
Did vitamin D helpful in hair growth?
Yes, vitamin D is somehow helpful in hair growth.
- Getting apposite vitamin D supplementation may be helpful to prevent hair loss.
- Vitamin D is crucial in cell proliferation in the hair growth cycle.
- Vitamin D may be lessening the inflammation that may also be helpful to keep hair follicles healthy.
- Vitamin D is also helpful in making the immune system strong, which will protect the scalp from any infection.
Types of vitamin D supplements:
Vitamin D supplements exist in many forms. Consult with a doctor before taking any kind of supplement. We are sharing some vitamin D supplements with you.
- Topical creams:
Hair loss problems can be addressed by some vitamin D derivates that are easily available on the market. One of the best known is calcipotriol. Which is the best vitamin D derivates that are good for treating the disease alopecia areata.
- Oral tablets supplement:
There are many oral supplements also available in the market that can cover the deficiency of vitamin D in your body, you can easily get vitamin D2 and vitamin D3 from any drugstore near you. But do not take any supplement without consulting your doctor. It may be harm full for you if you take it on daily basis.
The best method is having a good diet that has vitamin D in it. Many foods have a significant amount of vitamin D like cod liver oil, trout, salmon, and white mushrooms.
The major source of vitamin D is the sun. Sun creates two types of UV rays, one of them is UVA and the other one is UVB.
UVB rays help make more vitamin D in your body. Most people around the globe are getting vitamin D through sunlight.
What happens if vitamin D is low?
Vitamin D deficiency will cause you a serious bone disease called osteoporosis and fractures in bones. There is another bone disease called rickets but it is somehow rare.
It was a brief discussion on the importance of vitamin D and its benefits and its collaboration with hair growth. Hope you like this piece of information, if yes, let us know in the comment box below. We would love to hear from you.