Calculus bridge mostly appears in adults and it may become worse with the age. It started as a dental calculus leading towards the calculus bridge. If it is not treated on time, it may increase the risk of gum infections or may lead you towards riskier teeth-related disease. More than 70% of adults have periodontal disease at the age of 65 and again this disease is related to calculus.
You can get more updates by clicking here
What is a Calculus Bridge?
A calculus bridge is known as tartar which is a yellow, tan, brown, or white deposit of minerals present on the tooth’s upper surface. The accumulation of calculus depends on the individual age and some other factors such as the pH of your saliva and the excessiveness of calcium. It needs to be treated before it becomes worse leading toward the spaces in your teeth. Most people have a query that Is calculus bridge common? Yes, calculus bridge is a common type of periodontal disease. In this disease, the tartar grows on your gum line.
Symptoms of Calculus Bridge:
Calculus bridge is linked with several clinical manifestations such as subsiding gums and bad breath. You can remove your tartar if it is present in small quantities by brushing and flossing. However, if it is present in extensive amounts then it cannot be removed from the toothbrush. Most of people want to know that Is calculus on teeth harmful? The Calculus is a hard layer that produces a protective layer for bacteria. The bacteria then release an acid that will cut down the enamel and finally creates cavities or holes in teeth which leads to tooth decay. If it is not treated well, then it will cause severe gum problems.
Side Effects of Calculus Bridge:
Following are some side effects of Calculus Bridge:
- It creates bleeding gums which started with the sign of gingivitis. If the gingivitis does not treat in time, then it may lead to severe infections such as periodontitis which results in the teeth falling.
- If the calculus is present in your teeth for a long time, then it will lead you towards the multiplication of bacterial in your mouth cavity.
- You may have to face more gum-related diseases if you do not take precautions against calculus or tartar.
- When your teeth start to subside due to the calculus then your teeth are more exposed to the bacteria for a long duration. If the bacteria rate is increased in your teeth, then the formation of calculus is surely increased.
- Sometimes tiny holes appear in your teeth cavities and these tiny holes are created on the enamel which then leads towards the calculus bridge. And this tiny hole became the place for bacteria to grow easily.
- The calculus bridge can cause severe tooth infection.
How to treat the Calculus bridge?
Once the calculus bridge is increased in your teeth then you cannot eradicate it by yourself, you have to go to the dentist to remove it. A dentist can easily remove all the tartar from your teeth at once.
A dental hygienist has all tools to remove your tartar such as a dental scaler which has a hook on the end to remove the plaque from the gum line. After removing the tartar from the gum line, the dentist makes your treated area smooth through a process called root planning. If you think that your tartar level or calculus level is extensive then you have to go for more than one sitting.
We have shared all the symptoms and treatment of the Calculus bridge. Calculus bridge is harmful to your teeth for sure, you have to treat them well if you are facing this problem.